I was planning to make a log cabin quilt to represent Tennessee in my 50 quilts from 50 States project because my grandparents lived in a white-washing log cabin at the City Reservoir in Johnson City Tennessee – they were the reservoir caretakers.
So as I was exploring log cabin blocks, trying to decide which one(s) to use for the Tennessee quilt, I was excited and a bit overwhelmed by the shear number of different log cabin blocks. Every time you change colors or layout, the block gets a new name. So I decided to make a log cabin sampler.
It was so much fun to figure out the blocks, the colors and the layout. There were also various techniques to try – accurate cutting, trim tool ruler, and foundation paper piecing.
I thought this project would make a fantastic BOM to do together. It will be offered on-line (FaceBook and email) starting in July – I’m not sure when yet, so stay tuned. The pattern will be available for download from my Etsy Shop for about $10 or I can send you a hard copy for $15 plus shipping. I plan on making a video each month featuring that month’s block and technique. There will be a special FB group you can sign up for to share progress and questions.
If you would like to participate, please send an email to me at djps1957@gmail.com and I’ll put you on the list. I’m excited to make this quilt again. Hopefully you’ll join me.
Stay Curious


Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI’m interested! Please put me on your “list”. Thank you.
ReplyDelete