Friday, April 20, 2018

Seeing Quilts Everywhere

Inspiration - It's everywhere! Nature, architecture, other textiles, and of course other quilts.

My Pinterest board "Photos that Inspire Quilts" is jam packed with pins of ideas or subjects that I think would make great quilts. Pics of flowers, animals, landscapes, or abstract lovelies. 


 

 Everytime I travel, I see carpets, tiles, paintings, vistas from an airplane window that would make great quilts. Vacations are great opportunities to explore and experience landscapes and colors that would make great quilts. Our trip 4 years ago to the Galapagos Islands provided lots of ideas. Lava flows, birds, tortoises, sand, water - they were all gorgeous and all worthy of a cool quilt. 

 Of course other quilters are a huge source of inspiration. Before Pinterest, I used to comb through quilting magazines, tearing out pages of gorgeous quilts. I had files of pages - traditional, modern, colors I liked, applique quilts.  Now, I don't need paper pages anymore to get and organize inspiration. Don't you just luuuuuvvvv Pinterest? 

I have boards related to modern quilts, HST quilts, jelly roll quilts, applique quilts, landscape quilts, circle quilts, spiral quilts, crazy quilts, and a general category for "quilts I like". There are so many - I will NEVER want for inspiration. Not only do I have stash beyond life expectancy, I have ideas beyond life expectancy. I'll have to live to be 200! 


There are so many quilts out there waiting to be born. Big sigh . . . 
Where do you find your quilting inspiration?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!