Saturday, December 10, 2022

Quick Curve Ruler Mini

 Sew Kind of Wonderful began in 2011. And my, it has sure grown since! I've met sisters Jenny and Helen at a Missouri Star Quilting Company event years ago and have followed the progress and addition of new rulers and patterns closely. I love everything I've made so far and my stack of "quilts to-make" keeps getting higher.


The second ruler released by SewKindofWonderful was the Quick Curve Ruler Mini. Its a smaller version of the original QCR. Smaller, but not interchangeable. Each of the rulers have their own patterns. And There are tons of patterns developed for the QCRmini, including Sedona - the 2023 QAL project. 

As shown in the YouTube video, you can (should) use a regular 45mm rotary cutter to make cuts in the slot of the ruler. Once sewn together, you'll use the QCRmini to square up your block. It's helpful to use a sharpie to mark the "landmarks" on the ruler to align it for trim-up. The patterns indicate where to make those marks. 

You can get your QCRmini from my  Etsy Shop, SewKindofWonderful, your local quilt shop, or Amazon.

Keep the curiosity coming!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!