Saturday, February 28, 2015

What? Another New BOM? Yep - Forest Quilt Along

Facebook can be dangerous - we all know that. It's especially dangerous for someone like me who is addicted to Block of the Month quilts. 

I follow several groups on FB - one of them is "For the love of paper piecing". That's me! I love paper piecing - foundation piecing to be more descriptive and to differential this technique from English Paper Piecing (which I also love and for which there is also a FB group).  


Several weeks ago, Janeen Van Niekerk from South Africa posted to the FB group that she was starting a 12 week quilt along. Oh Boy! The quilt is sooooo cute. I couldn't resist and can hardly wait til March 4th when it starts. Come to think about it, it's not a BOM, its a BOW, so maybe it doesn't count against my BOM count (grin).



I'm thinking about using Ricky Tims' Stable Stuff Poly because it's a great medium for foundation piecing, it can go through the printer, and it doesn't have to be removed (my least favorite part of paper piecing). 


So, my plan is to purchase fabric for the sky and use my scraps for the trees, critters and flying geese. I'll let you know if I stick to my plan. Once I get into my green fabric scraps I may have to add a piece or two to get the contrast. We'll see!

Only a week to wait! Curious about foundation piecing? Check out this tutorial.  Want to join in the Forest Quilt-A-Long? See Janeen's website to sign up.







P.S. I'm writing this from Lawrence Memorial Hospital. My sweetie Saul has had some heart issues and is currently recovering from a catheterization and had a stent put it. He is doing well and will be home soon. During idle time, my thoughts go to quilting . . .

1 comment:

  1. Squeeeee! The first section arrived to day by email. I think I may have to go shopping for some sky!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!