Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Guess Who Will Be the Featured Quilter at the KVQG Quilt Show This Year!

Squeeeee!

Guess who has been asked to be the featured quilter at the Kaw Valley Quilters' Guild 2015 Annual Quilt Show!  Yep, yours truely! I feel so honored, a bit scared, and really excited.


My brain parts are having shouting matches with each other over which quilts to show, what my theme should be, and whether or not to show a few not-quite-finished quilts.  What will people think of my quilts? Of ME? My work isn't good enough. My quilts don't have a theme. How am I ever going to pull this off. 

OK, self, this is not Paducah, Houston, or Quilt Con. It's Lawrence Kansas and these people are your friends . . . . I mentally shake myself a few times and then calm down. I can do this.

Theme - none of my quilts could "hang together" because they are all so different. Style, Color, Size, Story - all different.  The only common denominator is that almost all my quilts are a result of something I wanted to learn. I have always had a love of learning and a curious mind (hence the name of my blog ;-D ), so it is no stretch for that quality to find its way into my quilting life. OK, theme is something about learning.


What about UFOs? I have a ton of UFOs and most of them were started in a workshop. I would like to talk about some of them and the technique or teacher that makes them special. I could maybe bring a few of them and have friends hold them up like they do at guild programs. I could take pictures and do some sort of slide show, assuming I can locate a projector and screen, and assuming slides can even be seen in the large bright room where the show is going to be held. I think showing UFOs might be OK if there aren't too many and there is something really special about them. 

I hope to see many of you at the KVQG quilt show. It will be April 18th and 19th at the Crown Toyota facility. In addition to the quilts there will be demonstrations and vendors with some cool stuff. Our Guild website will have info and details.

Now I've got to go get some quilts finished!


2 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion -- don't do a slide show. The logistics of trying to do this will create a nightmare for the quilt show chairs and you. Just use your UFO's as show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion Sammie!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!