Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Houston Class #2 - Paula Nadelstern: Simple pattern, complex fabric

Continuing the series on classes I took at the Houston International Quilt Festival . . .

Class #2 was stellar, as in star like, as in Paula Nadelstern!
I took a Needlestar (get it? needle star, as in Nadelstern) class from Paula several years ago in Dallas and I just couldn't get enough.  I need to go back and finish the quilt I started in her class because it really is awesome.

The bottom line for the class I took in Houston reads use simple patterns and let complex fabrics do all the hard work.







Her new fabrics fall into two categories she likes to call prima donnas and allovers. Here is a perfect example of the prima donnas with allover sashing.




She had her new book available, which of course had to come home with me.  Ooooo lots of great projects in here. Also, got some new fabric. Surprised? No me neither.

OK, so if you ever have a chance to take a workshop or hear a lecture from Paula, do it! Do not pass it up. She is actually teaching on a quilting cruise to Norway this summer. I so wish I could go, but its not in the budget this year.

I'm telling you, you need to be CURIOUS about Paula Nadelstern!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!