Saturday, September 15, 2012

Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild

    I've been considering checking out the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild for some time and finally decided to take the plunge. I was a bit skeptical because I wasn't sure that I needed another group to belong to.
    Now I'm enchanted! The program was great, the people were friendly, the snacks delish, the quilts incredible and I'm going to join at the next meeting.
    The program featured Jenny Doan from the Missouri Star Quilting Company. Missouri Star specializes in precuts (charm packs, jelly rolls, layer cakes, etc.) and they have great video tutorials with tips for using these precuts in new and unusual ways. One of my favorites is the Summer in the Park that Jenny is talking about in this pic. Check out the video tutorial for making this quilt.
    A whole new world has opened up. Check out Missouri Star Quilting Company and the KC Modern Quilt Guild!
Always Curious,
Denise

2 comments:

  1. I am also a member of the KCMQG and Kaw Valley. The KCMQG program was great the other night. Search me out and say Hi at the next meeting. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do Dawn! Were you at the Kaw Valley mini retreat yesterday? Hope to meet up with you and chat! Denise

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!