Monday, September 10, 2012

Kansas Quilt Blocks

So, I'm curious about quilt blocks that have Kansas in the name. I know it's a bit premature because I shouldn't start any new quilts for a while, but I really want to make a quilt with traditional Kansas blocks.
A quick search (thank you Google!) yielded the following blocks:
  • Rocky Road to Kansas
  • Kansas Star
  • Kansas Dugout
  • Kansas Troubles
  • Kansas Dust Storm
  • Kansas Fortune
  • Kansas Twister 
  • Kansas Sunflower
Faith in Chicago posted a great tutorial on making the Rocky Road block above on her site Fresh Lemons.
Sooooo, I think I now have 2 new quilts in the design incubator! It's the fun part!
Does anyone know of any other Kansas-named blocks?
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!