Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where Does Your Inspiration Come From?

    I am continually amazed by the widespread variety of people, places and things that inspire quilters to create beautiful quilts. Patterns, shop models, a beautiful piece of fabric, nature, experiences, travels, and special people are just a few of the inspirations for quilters. The quick availability of cameras make capturing the inspiration so easy.


    My inspiration mostly comes from patterns or models I have seen. Sometimes I see a fabric that I know someone would love - like this latest quilt I did for my daughter who loves chocolate. The pattern is simple - it's the fabrics that spoke to me.










My friend Bobbie embroidered the chocolate motifs in the cream blocks.
    A totally new (new to me) inspiration came my way the other day. My hubby and I were watching a TV show on Netflix - Damages - a gritty series about a morally challenged lawyer played by Glenn Close. The opening shots are shades of gray-green scenes of New York City. There is one shot in particular that I love. So I paused the show and took a pic with my phone of that scene. I think it would make a dynamite quilt. I'm not sure how I'll do it yet or how I'll get the fabrics - I may have to dye them myself!
Check back to see how I am tackling this design challenge!
Always curious!
Denise
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!