Sunday, July 29, 2012

Did I Mention Yarn Stash?

    OK, so I am also a knitter and have quite an impressive yarn stash. I love collecting yarn especially as souvenirs when I travel. But enough is enough! We will be moving sometime in the next year and I really won't have the space for a yarn stash and a fabric stash of monolithic proportions. We are having a garage sale in a few weeks and I thought it might be a great opportunity to sell some of my yarn.
    It was sooooo hard to let go of my yarn. Each one was pretty, unique and was begging to be made into something cool. But if I knitted from now until the day I die, I would never use all the yarn I have. So, I have to set some criteria and get rid of some of it. I decided to start with sock yarn - probably the largest category of yarn and the hardest for me to part with. I recruited youngest son and DH to help and encourage me.
    By the time I was done I had identified over half my sock yarn to sell. This was really tough but I also felt lighter and more free after letting go of this stuff (beautiful stuff) that I was hanging on to. Someone will buy it at the garage sale, feel great at bringing such beautiful yarn home, and I will make a little bit of money and my home will have less stuff in it. Its a WIN-WIN!
Til later,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!