Friday, July 27, 2012

Fabric Shopping Trip

     The call came - the book I ordered is in. WOoHOo . . . I jump in the car and drive 30 minutes to Stitching Traditions in Topeka.. The book I've been waiting for is the 3-D Block book for the class I've signed up for later in August - more about that class in another post.
    Since I've driven all the way there, I guess I should do a little shopping. I get some fabric for the class - surprise -- they have a sale going - buy the book and fabric for a project and get the book at 50% off!


     But what I really wanted to shop for was some 30's reproduction fabric for the  Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt I am working on. To fit on my double guest room bed I will need 54 flowers and I want each one of them to use unique fabric. I've got 29 done so far and have fabric for about 5 more. So, I need some more 30's reproduction fabrics!  After choosing a few FQ of the 30's stuff I hear that if I buy 12 FQ I can get one free. So I pick out some black and white for the someday B&W quilt. For my free FQ I choose a Stonehenge Skins by Linda Ludovico for Northcott fabrics to add to my collection of that line (another someday quilt).
It's always a great day when I buy fabric!
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!