Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Visiting a Quilter's Studio

It is sooooo hot, all I want to do is stay inside and suck up the AC. But today I went to another quilter's studio to check out her space. It was sooooo cool - literally and creatively speaking. Jerrye and I are doing the program for the January 2013 KVQG meeting - its all about studio spaces, organizing stash and projects, and the cool places we create. Carol's studio was once a detached garage and is now a 23x14 foot cool, calm yet colorful creative destination. We took some pics and will talk about all her great ideas in the January program. Here are some hints: She describes her studio as a repurposed or "Craig's List kind of place". Lots of her storage, sewing and cutting tables as well as her design wall are made from repurposed materials. Her lighting is fantastic and it should be because in addition to all the windows, she has lots of special overhead lights that provide full spectrum natural lighting.


So I get back home and walk into my studio . . .


 












Carol and her studio inspired me. I gotta go to work on my somewhat cramped, dark, only partially functional, uninspiring and sad little (ok not so little) bedroom that I use as a studio. Did I mention messy? Scraps and thread all over the floor? Ah well, everyone has to start somewhere.
~D~




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!