Thursday, July 26, 2012

Organizing My Yardage Stash

     Stash - the secret joy or pain for all quilters. How to store it, when and how to use it, how to keep it from morphing from a "cherished loved one, have to buy it" into a "time to dump it, no longer in style, space thief". 
     I don't keep a lot of yardage stash. I usually buy fabric meant for a specific project, keep it together with that project and then when the project is done I turn leftovers into scraps for scrap quilts. But I have occasionally not played by my own rules and bought yards of fabric that I loved and just had to bring home. It now resides in a large tub that doesn't see daylight except for 2 or 3 times a year. 
     So I decided to copy the fabric and print it out on an 8x11 sheet of paper. I'll keep these in a notebook to remember what yardage I have. Maybe one of my next year's challenges will be use use at least one piece from this yardage stash. Some of these would be great backings, others great for a stack'n'whack. I honestly don't remember now why I bought them.
Til next time.
Stay Curious, Keep Quilting!
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!