Sunday, December 7, 2014

I'm Back!!


I think we've all experienced it to one degree or another - that feeling of being overwhelmed, blue, in a rut, under the weather, or down right depressed. I have to admit that I have been experiencing all of these feelings over the last 6 months or so. It's frustrating, because I have a great life - a wonderful, supportive husband, great home, a to-die-for quilting studio, a good job, health (mostly), friends, financial security, etc. But I just was not happy. While I was out (overwhelmed, blue, in a rut, etc.) I didn't post anything and sometimes would not visit my studio for days at a time. Come to find out it was most likely due to some dietary issues combined with some depression, and with some lifestyle changes I am back on track. HooWoo!

The year is winding down and I've been doing a review of some of the things I've accomplished this year and thinking about some goals for next year. 

Even given my 6 month funk, this year I:

  • made progress on my multitude of BOMs.
  • improved my free-motion quilting skills.
  • moved and set up a sweet quilt studio.
  • reached out more to friends and hosted several sew-in days.
  • visited some new quilt shops on my trip to New England.
  • attended 2 retreats.
  • signed up for (and watched most of them) lots of Craftsy classes.
  • added to my stash of fabrics, books, and patterns (not sure if this is an accomplishment or something to be avoided next year).
  • took some great workshops (the highlights being Jacquie Gering, Victoria Findlay Wolfe, and Kelly Ashton).
  • designed (in my head) several quilts for my "50 Quilts from 50 States" series.
  • started my self portrait quilt.

I still have time to think about what I want to accomplish next year. The hard part will be limiting my list to what is actually do-able!

So standby for next year's goals and updates on what I'm curious about in my studio!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!