Monday, March 3, 2014

New Studio - Step 1 - Bookcases

The first step in outfitting my new studio was to get some bookshelves. After doing some surfing, I finally settled on the Hemnes line from IKEA. They had other models I liked, but I had to find something to fit under the duct-work. In my old studio I had two bookcases that were able to hold most of my quilting, knitting and weaving books. I wanted to add some storage and display space for fabric. I also wanted the fabric protected from dust so I thought a cabinet with glass doors would be just the thing.

I ordered 2 Hemnes regular bookcases and 1 with glass doors.   They arrived last week and I spent an hour putting each one together. The directions (pictures only) were pretty good, but after assembling 3 bookcases, my hand and arm are really sore - lots of screws and no power drill/screwdriver. 
As soon as I get them bolted to the wall (the one with doors is a bit top heavy), I'll unpack my books and start filling the middle one up with beautiful fabric.
After the snow melts I'm going to put my old mismatched bookcases out on the street for someone to take and give them a good home.

On to Step 2 - Koala sewing table!
Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!