Monday, March 24, 2014

The Joy of Retreats #1 - Catching up on projects

I just got back from a terrific retreat - 4 glorious days (2 full, 2 half) of sewing, visiting, learning, and sharing. I am so jazzed about what I accomplished as well as all the inspiration I got from my fellow retreat goers.
Stitch-On Needlework Shop sponsors 3 retreats a year and I have worked my way up to be on the permanent list for all three. These are so popular that there are already 26 people on the wait list for September!
This time I decided to focus on my block of the month projects. As I have already confessed, I am a BOM addict. And logically when one signs up for so many BOMs one gets behind almost immediately. I brought along 6 BOM projects to catch up on. I am also a chronic list maker.  So here is my to-do list.



I made some pretty good progress. I finished 
~ 2 more blocks on the Buck a Block Half Square Triangle quilt
~ 2 sets of blocks on Toes in the Sand
~ Block A on Ato Z
 ~ Zylophone and Metrolopolis minis on the Modern Patchwork Sampler quilt, and
 ~ Month 2 on Sedona Star.      Whew!

I sewed and sewed until my back ached. A massage today took care of that little side effect! I love having dedicated time and space to create. I made myself a very functional little nest and got lots accomplished.

In a future post I'll share the best part of the retreat - my fellow quilters and stitchers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!