Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Joy of Retreats #2 - Fellow Quilters and Stitchers

Indeed I made a lot of progress on several BOM projects at the Stitch-On Retreat! It was good sewing and great food, but the best part was spending time with and being inspired by my awesome stitching sisters!
Most of us were piecing or quilting, but some were also doing counted cross stitch or knitting (both passions of mine). On Sunday before packing up we had a show and tell and I was amazed by the beautiful work! Anne Marie finished a cross stitch snowman sampler, several ladies showed their T-shirt quilts, and Laura and Leslie from Stitch-On were working on shop samples- one of them using this great KU fabric (KU went on to loose later that day ;-( ). Everyone had really worked hard and made lots of progress.



Several people really inspired me. Lisa  had just finished binding this wonderful star quilt.  I really like the quilting on it.




Kathy and Tracy, a mother-daughter duo a few tables from where I was sitting, were doing modern quilts with colors I really love. Tracy did this cute paper pieced staggered flying geese baby quilt.  Kathy was working on a bright green quilt from Modern Quilting magazine (on the right in this pic).


 I absolutely love the quilting on it.  I always feel so inspired when I see what my quilting sisters have created. I took several pictures of patterns, color schemes, and fabric lines so that I could remember details later. I added many new friends to my Facebook list so we can keep in touch.

I am so looking forward to my next retreat in September. I'm curious - Do you go on quilting retreats?









2 comments:

  1. What's your favorite part about going on a quilt retreat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting sister Lisa reminded me that I am not great at remembering names. I switched Kathy and Carol's names - although I can see each of them clearly in my mind and do not mix up the people - just the names. So, I have fixed my blog. I'm sorry Kathy and Carol.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments. Chime in!